Friday, October 1, 2010

Scoutmaster's Minute

In memory of David Robison

I was Scoutmaster of troop 259 when David joined our troop. He was older and more mature than the other new scouts. I have never met anyone who was better at working with the younger boys. He sacrificed his own advancement to help others. I had to make a special effort to ensure he didn't completely sacrifice his own advancement.

I take as much pleasure at his achieving First Class as the Eagle Scout awards.
David went on my first 50 mile hike with the troop. Although he suffered from the rigors of the hike around Mt Hood, he never complained.

David was one of the finest people I have known. Although I was greatly shocked to hear of his death, his family can take comfort in knowing he left the world a better place.

Jack Savage
Troop 259

No comments:

Post a Comment